What packaging is right for your product?
At Hammer Packaging, we are committed to helping customers and products grow “from startup to success”, with engineering solutions to take your project to the next level. A vital part is determining the right packaging for your product and the impact it will have on the shelf.
So, how do you determine what packaging is right for your product? First, you need to decide on the needs and goals of your product. For example, if you have a power drink on the same shelf as other power drinks, your goal is for your packaging to stand out and make that intimate connection with the consumer. Whether it is a shrink sleeve, cut and stack, or pressure sensitive label, there are options available to make your product stand out on the shelf-- from a 360-degree graphic label to a textured finish.
When customers bring us their decoration challenges, it is necessary to learn every piece of information about the product. The team at Hammer Packaging knows what questions to ask so we can guide our customers through those conversations and ensure we find the best solution.
- Application Equipment: It is important to know all of the opportunities and limitations with your labeling equipment so that your label can run as efficiently as possible. For instance, if you only have access to a roll-fed label applicator, you will need to choose a label solution that works best with that equipment.
- Storage Conditions: This plays a large role in the packaging design and labeling because different storage conditions can result in specific labeling options. For example, shrink sleeve labels must be stored at specific temperatures to avoid compromising the integrity and performance of the film. If there are strict storage conditions for your product, Hammer Packaging will conduct research to ensure the label functions appropriately in all of the possible end-use conditions.
- Customer Experience: The quality of a product can determine the customer, who is buying it the product, experience, but which print labeling option has the best quality? Each of our presses offer different strengths. Whether you are looking for near perfect registration with intricate details, high volume jobs at high speeds, or highly customized printing, Hammer Packaging has the press for your product. Each label we produce, from cut & stack to shrink sleeve, is thoroughly reviewed and tested to ensure it meets our customers’ goals in every application. Our regionally-based field technicians are located around the country and available to be on site to assist the application process, answer questions, and ensure our products are running smoothly.
- Eco-Friendly: Hammer Packaging partners with all of our suppliers to find the most sustainable solutions for our materials from inks to recycled papers and sustainable films. Since technology is constantly changing, we are constantly trying to find ways to ensure minimal waste by evaluating our operations.
- Safety Needs: If your product has any safety restrictions or limitations, Hammer Packaging can work with you to develop the best solution. For example, many of our pharmaceutical customers require a shrink sleeve tamper evident band to ensure product safety. Contact us to discuss all of our solutions and request samples.
At Hammer Packaging, we have a top-tier research, innovation, and technical team working directly with our customers to ensure their label solution achieves all of the goals. We work best when we can be at the table from concept stage all the way through launch. As an engineering company that produces labels, we have the skills, talent, and earned knowhow to find the best possible solution for the toughest challenges. Contact us today to see how we can pick the packaging that’s right for your product!